Fixed LDAP after upgrading from CentOS 5.4 to 5.5 | Just my blog

/dev/random

Fixed LDAP after upgrading from CentOS 5.4 to 5.5

Some months ago I upgraded my CentOS servers from version 5.4 to 5.5. One of these servers were running LDAP Master and LDAP Slave as playground. Although after the upgrade to CentOS 5.5 it was broken, but due to other priorities I didn't had a change to fix it. 


On my systems I enabled TLS to communicate to LDAP-servers and also enabled kerberos. So this results in a modified /etc/sysconfig/ldap:


# Enable Kerberos
export KRB5_KTNAME="FILE:/etc/openldap/ldap.keytab"


But I noticed that the RPM installed a new version of that, although with the extension .rpmnew. So after applying the changes that were in the .rpmnew file and when I set SLAPD_LDAPS and SLAPD_LDAPI to "yes" I end up with the following content:


# Parameters to ulimit called right before starting slapd
# - use this to change system limits for slapd
ULIMIT_SETTINGS=

# How long to wait between sending slapd TERM and KILL
# signals when stopping slapd by init script
# - format is the same as used when calling sleep
STOP_DELAY=3s

# By default only listening on ldap:/// is turned on.
# If you want to change listening options for slapd,
# set following three variables to yes or no
SLAPD_LDAP=yes
SLAPD_LDAPS=yes
SLAPD_LDAPI=yes
export KRB5_KTNAME="FILE:/etc/openldap/ldap.keytab"


And guess what... It works again :-)


  • Social

  • By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

    The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible and enable advertising to provide you free content. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

    Close