Finally… I was able to release version 0.0.3 of my beautifull script.
Down here the changelog from version 0.0.1 to 0.0.3:
- First concept ready, although if no DISPLAYNAME or something else is available the script picks up the previous value.
- Solved the problem if nothing was found.
- Added the feature to save it to XML or CSV by using the -o flag, default is XML
- Added the feature that the file will be saved to a filename with computername and timestamp.
- The possibility to define with the -s flag where the file must be stored
- If from an application the name is ‘not-defined’ let’s take a part of the registry-key
- Read OS Information (Name/Version/ServicePack)
- Name changed from “Software Installed Scanner” into “System Information Scanner”, because of a lot of features extra into the script.
- Speeding up the registry reading and making other subroutines for reading data out of the registry obsolete
- Also implemented a new output formatting, version 0.2. It is backwards compatible with output version 0.1
This script is not yet released open source, because of pending a decision of my boss.