Splunk authentication scripts – performance issue | Just my blog

/dev/random

Splunk authentication scripts – performance issue

As mentioned before, I am playing around with Splunk’s authentication scripts with Centrify DC.

While playing I ran into a performance issue with the AuthenticationScripts implementation of getUsers.

According to the documentation the output is:

--status=success|fail 
--userInfo=<userId>;<username>;<realname>;<roles>
--userInfo=<userId>;<username>;<realname>;<roles>
...

During debugging and looking in the logs of splunk I noticed that for each user a seperate getUserInfo is initiated per user… this is awkward, because the getUsers contains the same information per user as the getUserInfo.

Just as my previous post on Splunk, I raised this issue via SMT Ware with Splunk.


  • Social

  • By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

    The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible and enable advertising to provide you free content. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

    Close